and cork have been synonymous for over 90 years.
Our company was founded by Sidney Manton in 1921
and has remained a family operated business since.
In the early years, corkwood was imported into the United States
for the production of stoppers (taper & straight corks), at our factory
in Brooklyn, New York. By 1950 the production of stoppers was
concentrated almost exclusively in Portugal and Spain, where a
wide variety of cork products were manufactured. We became
partners in a major Portuguese factory, specializing in the production of fishing rod grips,
custom made industrial and custom made consumer cork products. Our company also established close working relationships with premier cork
factories and began importing an endless variety of cork products.
We were soon to become the largest importer of finished
and semi-produced cork products in the United States.
By maintaining extensive inventory, we are able to efficiently meet the needs of our customers
in the United States, and for export. Jerome Manton has run the company since 1958. He is
President of the Cork Institute of America and a former Board Member of the Portugal-U.S. Chamber of Commerce.